Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Lucy & Zipper


Lucy                                                                &                                                         Zipper

Your fur
Is soft like clouds,
The whites, browns, greys, and black
Coat your splendidly large body 
I love

Your fur
Is black like ink
Long but light, it suspends
In the air when you prance towards me
I love

Your eyes
Are green like limes
A bright vivid color
Always catching my attention,
I love

Your eyes
Are yellow like joy
I see your happiness
It’s beaming through them everyday
I love

Your paws
Are big like your
Heart, and soft like cashmere
When they slowly dance up the stairs
I love

Your paws
Are small like shells
Delicate and petite
Playfully swat at bells and strings
I love

Your purr
Is fast like the
Sailfish, speeding away
You’re always eager to cuddle
I love

Your purr
Is quiet like
Your breath, and a gentle
Whispering of a beating drum
I love


Your nose
Is pink like blush
It nuzzles and pushes
Against my face to show your glee
I love

Your nose
Is wet like rain
It’s always glistening,
Sparkling and glittering in the light
I love

Your face
Is perfect like
Snowflakes, so gentle and
And lovely, you glow of beauty
I love

Your face
Is tiny like the
Stars that come out when we
Snuggle till we’ve created Z’s
I love

Your voice
Is loud like the
Thunder you fear, always
Belting out all your opinions
I love

Your voice
Is high like a
Middle school boy, ashamed,
But you pretend like you’re a man
I love


You.

1 comment:

  1. I love this poem :D The way that you go from describing a physical aspect of one cat to describing the same physical aspect of the other cat really bring them together. I also like how every line ends with "I love" and continues on to the description of the next cat, it shows how you love them both very much. Each description is very descriptive and it paints a clear picture in my head of these two sweet little kitties :) Also, "splendidly large body" has got to be one of my favorite lines from anything ever.

    ReplyDelete